Junior Software Enginner (Part Time)
- PG-Strom development assistant
- PG-Strom is an extension module of PostgreSQL to accelerate large scale data processing. We expect you to contribute the following tasks in this position.
- Validation of PG-Strom on various platforms, and performance analysis
- Development of PG-Strom test cases using PostgreSQL's regression test
- Trouble analysis: reproduction and investigation of the reported troubles
- Documentation: production manual, knowledge base, and its translations
- Features proposition to PostgreSQL
- Proposition of new features to implement PG-Strom for PostgreSQL developer's community.
- Example: Truncate support at foreign tables, Partition-wise JOIN support, and so on...
- What you can learn through the position
- The internal, trouble analysis, and performance analysis of PostgreSQL/PG-Strom, and way to develop its extension modules.
- Trouble analysis, performance analysis of Linux system, and way to administrate servers.
- Contribution to OSS developer community.
What we're Looking For
- Extensive knowledge of computer science at graduation of computer science faculty, or equivalent
- Familiar with the overview, general operations and system administrations of Linux operating system.
- Familiar with the overview, general operations and system administrations of PostgreSQL database system.
- Familiar with system programming at C-language.
- Reading and writing documentations in English, and communications with foreigners over e-mail
- reading and writing documentations in Japanese, and verbal communication skil.
- experience in GPU programming by CUDA C/OpenCL.
- experience of patch submission to OSS developers community, and discussions for upstream.
How to apply
- Send your resume to
- In addition to your background, skills and professionals, please write down the following items, if any.
- SNS account (github, twitter, facebook, ...)
- Contributions to major open source projects (Linux kernel, PostgreSQL, ...)
- Graduation of IPA Mitoh Project, or security camp.
- Presentations at international/domestic conferences, or publication of papers in academic journals
- Next to the documentary screening, we will have an oral interview on web conference system.
- Please don't apply if you or your family are a member of antisocial organization.
Salary and terms
- Salary: 2,000-3,000JPY/hour (payment at month-end)
- to be determined depending on skill and experience
- Working time: up to 40 Hours/month
- Location: full remote, or our Gotenyama office on your demand.
- Employment type: part-time, limited term employment (3 monthes, renewable)
- Number of this position: 1
- Misc terms:
- HeteroDB provide a server environment for development, however, use your own client-PC and network environment on remote works.